GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Birds of Prey - 1989 Turbo Trans Ams

Old 10-13-2004, 04:41 PM

JAntjas is on a distinguished road
Default Front Sway Bar

Due to a very large intercooler, I can't put my front sway bar back on my 89 TTA. Has anyone ever seen a custom sway bar that can wrap around the center of the vehicle for clearance?
Old 10-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Turbo2nr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Front Sway Bar

What intercooler did you put on? Most have a hole in them for a bar, but if IC was made for a GN, could be a problem. I'm not sure wha you are asking about the sway bar. I took mine off on purpose. Weighed a lot, better weight transfer. I run a BIG ATR rear bar to make up for lack of front. Try to tune your suspension without a front bar. Stiffer shocks, big rear bar. Or get out the sawsall.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:18 PM

JAntjas is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scott. The IC is very large, made for a GN, from Precision Turbo. I will up the back end and shocks. How well do you handle now with those changes?
Old 10-14-2004, 06:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Turbo2nr is on a distinguished road

I have not put on better shocks, but I can't complain. It is a Buick, smooth. Maby a little smoother over bumps now, high speed turns have never been good with DOT slicks.