|Turbo Regal Wiring Diagrams
Diagrams scanned for GNTTYPE by Jim Testa
|Since there have been so many wiring questions on the list, I decided I would put as many diagrams as I have on the web for you all. They are individually viewed, or you may download the complete zip file (system diagrams, or complete sectional wiring diagrams).
To save to your computer, let each image clicked load, then right click the image, select save image as:, then set the target directory, and ok. I hope these help somebody!
- Engine Compartment Diagram:
- Includes a component locator, noting grid area and figure number for devices in the electrical system. This diagram shows front lighting, starting, charging, and cooling fan wiring.
- ECM wiring for a Turbo Regal:
- Includes a connector ID, and pinouts/wire colors for the Turbo ECM and sensors. And C3I Module pinouts and connections. A very good troubleshooting tool.
- The firewall bulkhead and fuseblock:
- Shows bulkhead (place all the wires go through the firewall, below the wiper motor) pinout, and fusebox. Includes fuse number, amperage, and buss locations within the fusebox. Also has gear selector switch.
- Ignition switch, Twilight Sentinal and Speed sensor buffer:
- This diagram shows ignition switch wire colors, pinout, some of the powermaster electronics, the speed sensor buffer module, chime module pinout/wire colors, and Twilight Sentinal pinout and wire colors.
- Cruise Cont. Wipers, and Directionals:
- Shows directional switch and plug pinout/wire colors, Wiper washer module pinouts, defogger switch, cruise control module pinout/wire colors, and part of the brake switch circuit.
- Instrument Cluster Wiring:
- Includes connector pin identification, pinout, wire colors (Turbo and Non-Turbo)
- A/C Heater and Blower Switch:
- Shows wiring and pinout of dash controller, for both manual and auto A/C. Does NOT seem to show Delay relay, but pretty comprehensive still. For Delay relay, see System Diagrams - Cooling fan.
- Factory Alarm, Power Accessories, and Tailights:
- Diagram show most power accesories: courtesy lighting, power seats, sunroof, power antenna, opera lights (Limited only I guess), power locks, and power windows.
- Download all 8 Diagrams
- All 8 diagrams in a zip file. Virus Checked with AVP, but feel free to double check before opening. :-).
- Charging Circuit, Turbo and Non-Turbo:
- Diagram of the Regal Charging System only. Happens to include the Diesel Regal...
- Cooling Fan Circuit:
- The 86-87 electric fan circuit. Many people have asked about this one, so here it is!! Includes A/C pressure switches, delay relay, fan speed resistor. Just what you've been looking for!!
- Defroster Wiring Diagram:
- Shows fuse, fuse amperage spec, and wiring into and out of switch with timer, all the way to the rear window defroster grid. Includes defroster ground location.
- Windshield Wiper Circuit w/Delay:
- Shows wire color and pin ID, for wip[er switch, and delay cover on motor.
- Windshield Wipers w/o Delay:
- Same as above, but without delay option. Different figure.
- Power Antenna Circuit:
- Shows radio output wire colors, antenna relay wire colors/pinout, and ground locations.
- Power Lock System:
- Shows switch pinouts, wirecolors and lock relay pinout/wirecolor/location, and lock actuator wire colors/pinouts
- Starting System:
- Shows ignition switch wiper positions, interrupt relay (includes location - w/anti theft only) and starter motor terms, including wire colors.
- Wiring for the 4 speaker Delco sound system:
- Shows pinout of all 4 connectors, including speaker wiring. Does NOT indicate polarity of speakers.
- Wiring for the 6 speaker "Concert Sound" option:
- same as above but indicates crossover capacitors (usually in (+) wire) used for dash speakers.
- Power Seat Circuit:
- Shows seat switch pinoout, motor pinout and wire colors. Includes ground location.
- Horn Circuit:
- Shows horn circuit, from column to under hood, including relay and pinouts/wire colors
- System Wiring Diagrams:
- Includes all system wiring diagrams in one zip file