- Remove the 4 bolts that hold the Turbo heat sheild on.
- Remove the MAF pipe from the turbo bell.
- Remove the two bolts that hold the downpipe to the wastegate housing.
- Unplug the vacuum line that goes to the boost solenoid. It is easier to unplug it at the solenoid, then remove from the actuator after the turbo is off the car.
- Remove the two nuts from the studs of the bracket that bolts to the cylinder head.
- Remove the two bolts that hold the bracket to the cylinder head.
Note: The ground strap is attatched to the cylinder head by using the bottom bracket bolt. Be sure to reinstall it. This would also be a good time to clean the contact areas of the ground strap and cylinder head to insure a good connection.
- Remove the oil feed line from the turbo. Note: After the turbo is removed unhook the line from the oil pump housing and REPLACE IT. heat and oil coaking build up crude in the line and restrict flow to the turbo. It's cheap, replace it.
- Remove the two bolts under the turbo that connect the drainback tube.
- Remove the 3 bolts that hold the turbo to the exhaust manifold.
- Remove the turbo from the car.
- Install the NEW oil feed line. also make sure you use a new drainback tube gasket (there notorious for leaking)
- When installing the new turbo it is most likely that you will have to realign the compressor and turbine housings. To do so, loosen the bolt that hold the housings onto the center section. Set the turbo on the exhaust manifold. Temporarily install the 3 nuts. Make sure the compressor housing lines up with the intercooler inlet. Also make sure that the oil feed line and drainback tube bolts will start. Soon as you get everything in line, snug up a couple of the bolts on each housing. Remove the turbo and tighten bolts to spec. Tighten in a "star pattern". Make sure the wheels spin freely.
- Reverse order to install
- Start the engine. DO NOT REV UP. Look for oil leaks, and listen for exhaust leaks.
- Don't know if it matters put i usually let the car idle till the engine reaches operating temp. Then i drive easily allowing the turbo to break in.
Hope this can help some one.