GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Turbo TRader > Cars FOR SALE

Old 01-31-2006, 04:52 PM

ULUZ2A6 is on a distinguished road
Default 1987 GN restored street manners stage II

For sale!

1987 Buick Grand National

Equipped with at least the following from the factory:
Power windows
Power locks
Power steering
Power brakes
Tilt wheel
Air conditioning
Power seat

Restored 4 years ago with including at least the following:

PPG triple black paint and clear coat
Windshield
Passenger door glass
Drivers door glass
Fiber glass hood
Fiber glass trunk
Fiber glass front bumper
Passenger door skin
Drivers door skin
Factory qtr panel driver
Factory fender passenger
Factory fender driver
Sheet metal work to floor panels
New carpet
New fuel tank
New tail light assemblies
Trunk carpet kit

Two years ago the following was started on the car and is currently 99.99% complete:

Stage II short block, Oliver rods, Diamond pistons,PTE roller 224/224,BMS crank
Champion heads ported by PT&E
Sheet metal intake
Sheet metal oil pan
4" chrome inlet pipe
83#/hr injectors
ATR headers
3" THDP modified for ATR gate
Full roller billet 200 4R w brake by Lonnie @ Extreme automatics
9" lock up converter
PT&E GTQ 74 turbo
PT&E front mount
FAST fuel management
Wide band O2
Light weight starter
Upgraded the GNX style dash with: silver phantom Autometer fuel level, H2O
temp,oil psi,tach, 30-0-30 boost
Under radio dual pod w fuel pressure and voltage
6 point role cage
Notched frame
Mohser 33 spline axels
Mohser spool
1.5" BMR rear swaybar
Weld 15X10 rears w Hoosier street slicks
Weld 15X 7.5 fronts
Remote oil cooler w fan
Remote trans cooler w fan
4 core radiator
Electric water pump
Ratchet shifter
2005 Impala alternator
brake pads, rotors, calipers, and power master
Power 6 valve covers
Keyless entry/ alarm with auto-window roll up

I am sure I am leaving out tons of stuff. I do not have an itemized list of goodies on hand, as I had never planned on selling it.

The car is not tuned as of yet, nor has it ever seen over 15 #'s of boost. I had a lot of transmission issues to work out and it never got a full run in at the track. You do the math with the current recipe and figure out horse power. The car is light and should fly.

I would rate the car a 9.9 of 10. It needs a few minor things to be completely restored.

Known issues are; small crack in A/C box from last engine install. Will need a patch before A/C is cold again. Steering wheel has not aged well and will need a re-wrap or replacement if you car about its looks. I have the spark knock detector disconnected but it is still mounted on the dash next to the radio. CD player is fully operational as is the power antena. However, it is a pre amp only and will need a small amp b4 it will transmit sound to all the speakers. (may be willing to include)

My starting price is $30,000.00

Don't think you can replicate it for that. Plus you would wait and slave for years to get it to this quality.

I do have some pictures for all interested parties. I will have more in about a week. It is in getting the paint touched up in a few spots, as it was my daily driver and had a number of blemishes.

The title is open and clean.

I am not interested in any trades at this time.

I also have a car trailer for sale. Built in 1989 by JTJ. Perfect working order. Rear lights are incased in steel (never broken one). Dove tail rear for easy loading. Tires are new all around. Inertia brakes in good condition. Steel diamond plate floor with steel wheel stops and 4 D-rings for super easy tie-downs. Small sub floor tool box. New fabricated steel ramps (will support ANYTHING you put on them).I will include the ratcheting tie downs. Trailer tows great. No disappointments here. Asking $2500. Make me an offer.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:32 PM

ULUZ2A6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1987 GN restored street manners stage II

I am at a point that I need the $$$. The interested parties cannot get financed. It's about time to eBay it. Thanks for you all your emails and comments. Still avail if interested.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:33 PM

70Mach1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1987 GN restored street manners stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUZ2A6
I am at a point that I need the $$$. The interested parties cannot get financed. It's about time to eBay it. Thanks for you all your emails and comments. Still avail if interested.
Try Autotrader and Car-on-Line as well. If you place an ad and do sell the car, do yourself a favor and let them know it was sold, or else you'll get e-mails and phone calls forever. There is an 86GN on Cars-On-Line the phone is not longer the person who placed the ad and the poor women gets 10 calls a week.

Cars-On-Line has a weekly update that goes out to subscribers with all new cars and lots of news. They seem to get a lot of hits.

Best of luck in selling the car.