GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Engine Mechanical

Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 PM

butternut Ttype is on a distinguished road
Default what cam should I use

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what cam should I go with the cam I have is to big for my combination forged bottom end fully ported 8445 ta-49 turbo 43 pound inj. and so on I want to stick with a reg. hyd cam that will be good for my engine and also I'm running a turbo 350 with 3500 stall HELP THANKS
Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: what cam should I use

what cam do you have now?

My Turbo Buick
Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 PM

It's a 214 in 224 ex 472 in lift 496 ex lift lunati
Old 02-14-2007, 12:22 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: what cam should I use

Oh my... a little much.

Those are nearly Chevy 350 sort of numbers. You need a turbo Buick cam. Best tip I ever got was from Bill Anderson: Erson TQ20H. http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/BuickCaddy.pdf Its pretty cheap and does the job. Put one in a 10 second project car. 214/214 with .463 lift. The car was never ran to its potential because of a bad wastegate, but it still ran 11.0 at 122+. The specs you cited are WAY too much for a turbocharged 'small' motor.

Granted, the TQ20H was used on a car with a 'big' turbo. You could use something much smaller. Perhaps a 206/206 or so.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:42 PM

thanks for the info I bought today a 208 208 448 448 lift it sounds like that will run alot better this is my first 3.8 I am used to big and small block chevys I have a 69 firebird with a 477 that run 6.40's in the 1/8 on motor and 5.60's on a 175 shot nos and I drive this car regularly on the street so I can't wait to get the ttype done thanks